Tuesday, November 4

Verkatehdas - old broadcloth factory







We're doing the happy dance here, because we got an apartment at Verkatehdas, which is an old broadcloth factory by Lake Littoinen, near Turku Finland. I am beyond happy and already brainstorming million ideas for the interior!

The Littoinen village started growing after the founding of a broadcloth factory in 1739, and the railway connection built in 1899 increased its growth. In the 1960s the operations of the broadcloth factory were discontinued due to decreased demand, and now the premises have been transformed into residential and commercial spaces. The factory's heritage is still very much visible in the village place and the street names. I could not be happier to call a place like this home...in only couple short weeks. December could not come earlier this year!

My interior style is quite eclectic and I love combining modern with vintage, so having the opportunity to work with an industrial style space makes my socks spin! We will be renting, so I am sure there will be some limitations to what we can do... but hey, the space is quite spectacular with 5m ceiling height so whatever we do, I am sure it will all be pretty amazing!

So stay tuned for million updates and inspiration boards!

Photos via Emma ja Anselmi Littoinen village association 1 // 2 // 3

0 comments:

Post a Comment